- Introduction to Crackle Mediums with Katy Leitch (article and video)
- Do the Two-Step by Mary Szymanski - Mary gets creative with two-step crackle mediums (video)
- Rare Relic by Katy Leitch - create aged and shabby effects with crackle paste (video)
- PVA Crackle by Mags Woodock - Mags helps you perfect this tricky but very frugal crackle technique (step-by-step)
- Cracked Glass by Riikka Kovasin - use embossing powder to create a beautiful cracked glass effect (video)
- Faux Crackle by Elisa Ablett - make an amazing textured background with a stamp - cheats crackle! (step-by-step)
- Double Crackle by Lisa Taggart - Lisa combines two crackle mediums to make a dramatic background (video)
- Craquelure by Erica Evans - create vintage look pieces using crackle glaze techniques (video)
- Gel Plate Crackle by Ana Bondu - prepared to be amazed with this innovative gel plate technique! (video)
- Crackle Masterclass resources - download all the PDF and video resources from this course
Mentored Masterclass: Crackle Effects
Out of stock
Don't you just love it when your projects have a tactile quality to them? Our designers love creating texture and it's an important feature in many mixed media projects. Crackle effects are an easy and effective way to create extra interest on your mixed media makes. Crackle effects work well with vintage, contemporary, grungy, Steampunk or even feminine projects, depending on what media you use and how you apply them; not every crackle is the same and in this Masterclass we'll show you eight different but equally awesome ways to achieve a range of crackle looks, from super subtle, to in-your-face! You can create amazing crackle effects with this course containing 8 tutorials, plus an introduction to understanding crackle mediums.
The course includes: 7 video lessons with a total running time of 135 minutes, plus two detailed step-by-step tutorials.
What is a Mentored Masterclass?
This is our very first Mentored Masterclass, which means you have access to daily help, advice and support from Katy and the team, via a dedicated, private Facebook group! Lessons are released over two weeks to give you time to watch and digest the content, and ask anything you need to in the group. There will be the opportunity to interact with your tutors, meet the other students, and share your makes from this Masterclass with them. We've also got a few little bonuses and surprises to throw in, just for fun!
Purchasing this workshop grants you lifetime access. It includes a downloadable version of the video tutorials and PDFs of the step-by-step tutorials, for you to keep.The group will remain open for a couple of weeks after the course ends, to allow you time to catch up.
Difficulty: Mixed ability
Format: Video and step-by-step tutorials
Tutors: Katy Leitch, Riikka Kovasin, Elisa Ablett, Mags Woodcock, Lisa Taggart, Mary Szymanski, Erica Evans, Ana Bondu
***NOTE: If you are a member of AcademyPlus, or you join during May 2019, this course is included in your May subscription package.***
- Crackle paste
- Two-step crackle medium
- Crackle glaze
- Clear embossing enamel (also called UTEE)
- Crackle background stamp
- Gel plate
- PVA glue
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.